In the past cleaning was done daily. With the hired help, cleaning your house could be done throughout the day. 30 years ago, homes had to be presentable at all times, which required adherence to a strict cleaning schedule. Cleaning tasks were always carried out as a matter of routine rather than being done on an as-needed basis.
Seeing the state of your home, and in some cases, its smell can be an indication of when you need to do some cleaning. However, you can be a step ahead of the grimy carpet or smelly sink by making a routine, where you would fit in the cleaning requirements of your home and managing to do it in the time you have available. In the modern world, finding time for cleaning can be a challenge. This article will provide tips for when to clean and how to do it more efficiently.
Today house cleaning can be done as often as needed, which often varies with the seasons and they way your home is being used at the time. Like in autumn, dust tends to accumulate. The frequency of the cleaning can also vary by how you use your home at a particular time, e.g. a bed- and-breakfast during the winter holidays will require more frequent cleaning. You will find the need to do the more frequent cleaning in the following situations:
* Autumn and winter seasons, when doors and windows are kept closed to keep in the warmth. Unfortunately, dirt from shoes stays in as well.
* The arrival of people or pets will often require more frequent cleaning.
* The stay of guests raises the standard of the required levels of cleanliness.
* Renovations, even when confined to a certain area tend to spread dust and leave a mess throughout the home.
* Health conditions in the household where a family has a condition affecting their immune system or receiving treatment. Extra precautions must be taken to ensure hygiene and disinfection.
* When trying to sell the home and having potential buyers visiting and touring periodically.
* Holidays when there is no school or work and the family is at home. Things tend to get messier and fast.
During term time, when the children are all in school, and the mother of the household is the only one at home, a daily vacuum would be a waste of time, energy and electricity. However during the holidays when the whole family is home and with children and pets running around the house, a daily vacuum is a no-brainer.
Like with everything, even the cleaning must be done in moderation. There are important health considerations here. For instance, a dirty bathroom is a health hazard. However, a thorough cleaning takes a great deal of time and energy. The main thing is to examine the trade-off between the satisfaction and enjoyment of a thoroughly clean house and the impact that this task has on the rest of your life. You have to determine a balance between the cleanliness you are achieving and the amount of time and effort is required for it.
Best York Cleaning
171 Clifford House
7-9 Clifford Street,